April 12, 2021
In order to build a platform of trust, we ask our community to help ensure that reviews on Gym Connex are useful, informative, and don’t expose our community to harm. Therefore, we expect that all reviews adhere to the following:
- Reviews should not violate our content policy
Some content is never allowed on Gym Connex. You can review Gym Connex’s Content Policy to find out more.
- Reviews should be unbiased
Reviews are most helpful when they provide unbiased and objective information. Therefore, we don’t allow individuals or entities who own or are affiliated with a listing or experience to post reviews of their business. We also don’t allow individuals who are confirmed to offer competing listings or experiences to post reviews of their direct competitors.
You’re not allowed to incentivize positive reviews, to use the threat of a negative review to manipulate a desired outcome, or to influence another’s review with the promise of compensation.
You’re also not allowed to accept fake reservations in exchange for a positive review, use a second account to leave yourself a review, or coordinate with business partners to get positive reviews.
Additionally, reviews may be removed from the platform for stays where a significant violation of the Party and Events Policy has taken place. This is to help Hosts feel more comfortable intervening when a disruptive party takes place, without having to fear a biased review as a result.
- Reviews should be relevant
Keep your reviews relevant to Gym Connex and your stay or experience, since guests are reading your reviews to learn about the Host and their listing. Reviews that are off-topic can be distracting and don’t help other guests make informed booking decisions. For this reason, reviews should focus on your interactions with other community members and your time during the stay or experience.
To keep reviews relevant, we recommend avoiding the following:
- Commentary about a person’s social, political, or religious views
- Profanity, name calling, and assumptions about a person’s character or personality
- Content that refers to circumstances entirely outside of another’s control
- Content about services not related to Gym Connex (for example, an airline, rideshare, restaurant, etc.)
- Commentary about past Gym Connex reservations, Hosts, or guests, or about the Gym Connex product where it does not relate to the listing, Host or guest you are rating
When we receive a report of a review that violates this policy, we may remove the review from our platform. Repeated violations may lead to suspension or permanent deactivation of the account(s) responsible for the reviews.
Reporting a review that violates our policy
To report a review for violating Gym Connex’s review policy, contact us.
If you feel a review is untrue
While we encourage and expect all community members to post reviews that contain objective and accurate information, Gym Connex doesn’t mediate disputes concerning the truth of reviews. We expect the author of the review to stand behind the content of their review. If you want to respond to a review, Contact us.
Gym Connex’s Dispute Moderation for Reviews
As the Gym Connex community and product continue to grow, we remain committed to updating this policy when necessary to help ensure that reviews reflect the honest, first-hand experiences of our Hosts and guests.
We believe that a healthy review system is one that respects and protects our community’s genuine feedback. For that reason, we take the removal of any review very seriously. You can read Gym Connex’s Review Policy in full, but in short, this means a review may be removed if:
- The review is in violation of Gym Connex’s Content Policy,
- The review is biased,
- The review is irrelevant to the author’s experience on Gym Connex, or
- The review is related to a cancelled reservation.
Moderating for bias
Our community benefits most when reviews present an unbiased picture of the member’s experience. Gym Connex removes reviews when they exhibit inappropriate bias—for example, because the reviewer is attempting to extort the person being reviewed, has a conflict of interest, or competes with the person being reviewed.
Extortion or incentivization
Any attempt to use reviews or review responses to force a person to do something they aren’t obligated to do is a misuse of reviews, and we don’t allow it.
People who use Gym Connex aren’t allowed to tie positive reviews to promises of compensation or to threaten negative reviews if a desired outcome is not met. Violations may result in the restriction, suspension, or termination of your Gym Connex account.
This policy prohibits:
- Guests threatening to use reviews or ratings in an attempt to force a Host to provide refunds, additional compensation, or a reciprocal positive review.
- Hosts requiring a guest to leave a positive review or rating, or to revise a review in exchange for a partial or full refund, or a reciprocal review. Hosts also cannot offer a free or discounted stay in exchange for a guest revising an existing review.
- Hosts or guests asking someone to take specific actions related to a review in exchange for the resolution of a dispute.
This policy does not prohibit:
- A guest from contacting a Host with a problem prior to leaving a review.
- A Host or guest from seeking refunds or additional payment and leaving a review, where that review is not used as a threat to sway the outcome of a resolution.
- A Host from asking a guest to leave an honest positive review or rating reflecting a positive experience.
- A Host or guest from revising a review within the time constraints for revision.
Conflict of interest
We will remove reviews where there are signals that the reservation was made for the sole purpose of inflating a person’s overall rating, or where we suspect that the stay never occurred.
Accepting fake reservations in exchange for a positive review, using a second account to review yourself or your own listing, or providing something of value in exchange for positive reviews, are not allowed. Violations may result in the restriction, suspension, or termination of your Gym Connex account.
Reviews written by competitors (for example, competing businesses, listings, or experiences) for the purpose of dissuading others from booking those listings or experiences, or driving business to other listings or experiences, is not allowed. Violations may result in the restriction, suspension, or termination of your Gym Connex account.
Party ban violations
We may remove reviews in certain situations where the guest has not met the expectations outlined in our Party and Events Policy during their stay. We count on our Hosts to take measures to try and stop a party before it becomes a safety issue or nuisance for the surrounding community. However, we recognize that breaking up a party could result in an unfairly negative review for the Host. In order to encourage intervention and minimize the impact of biased reviews, a guest’s review may be removed when the Host has provided sufficient documentation that a significant violation of the Party and Events Policy has taken place. However, these reviews will not be removed if they contain critical information that would be highly relevant for a future guest.
Moderating for relevance
Reviews provide community members with information and insights that help them make better booking decisions. Reviews are most helpful when reviewers accurately recount their experience and provide their honest opinions.
Where a review contains information that is unrelated to an experience as a Host or guest, or is focused on something beyond the control of the person being reviewed, our moderation team will weigh the relevance of the review by assessing:
- Does the review recount the reviewer’s experience and provide their personal perspective?
- Is the review helpful to other members of the Gym Connex community? Does it provide essential information about a Host or guest, listing, or experience that would help others make more informed booking decisions?
If Gym Connex determines that the review contains no relevant information about a Host, guest, listing, or experience, the review may be removed. Reviews that contain mostly irrelevant information are also subject to removal, but only where the otherwise relevant information would not be expected to meaningfully inform the booking decisions of other community members.